If you need campervan and caravan storage, we have a locked area with security cameras.
We also offer gift vouchers if you’d like to make a present of glamping or camping with us. Just ask for more details.
Could tent and motorhome guests please bear in mind that our wash facilities are not allowed to open until May 17th. Glamping is not affected by this. Thank you.
Yes you can but please get this confirmed before.
Please drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 07796 261211
Yes you can please see our Parties & Hire page
We allow dogs on our campsite.
We ask you to please use compostable doggy bags and place these in the composting bin. We have these available to purchase, £1/roll from the
We ask that you are respectful of the other people staying on site and that guests adhere to our low noise curfew of 10.30pm – 7am
Local Taxi Companies:
Ely Business Travel: 07484 127412
A10 Taxis – 01353 661010 & 01353 666150
Fencabs – 01353 669 966
Alan’s Taxis – 01353 665050
Ely is 2.5 miles away
If an electric hookup pitch is booked then your car is allowed to be parked on that pitch you have booked. Otherwise we ask all vehicles to be parked in our car park. We do provide wheelbarrows to help carry your belongings to your accommodation!
We require you to pre book to stay at the Mad Hatters Campsite
Yes you can bring another car with you for an additional fee of £2 per night, this will need to be pre-booked
You could get a taxi from Ely Train Station which is only a16 minute drive away from site
No we do not have wifi on site but there is good 3G – 4G signal
We do not allow smoking inside our Glamping Pods, Glamping Luna Tents or Hire Tents. However smoking outside of our accommodation and on the campsite is permitted, as long as an ash tray is used and “butts” are discarded. Please be respectful of other campers
Yes you can as long as you have a bucket of water at your pitch. You can borrow a bucket from us they are located near the water tap. Also we ask all fires are extinguished before bed
Yes you can just drop us an email email@example.com so we can guarantee that for you
Wood can be purchased from The Mad Hatter’s Campsite. Please only burn wood either purchased on site or brought with you. We have had guests burning the children’s stools and branches from the trees on site which spoils the site for other guests
At Mad Hatters Campsite we are a single-use plastic-free campsite and encourage our campers to use reusable drinks cups and containers.
We have recycling bins at the back of the toilet block. We encourage all guests to recycle as much as possible, providing recycling for Glass, Tin, Paper, Cardboard, Clingfilm and clean plastic. We also have a composting bin for all food waste and dog mess.
Here is a list of the campsite rules. These can also be downloaded here
- Check-in upon arrival.
- After using wheelbarrows please take them back to the car park for other arriving guests.
- Respect other guests on site – please do NOT let children run around other guest’s pitches.
- Parents are responsible for children at all times.
- Please can we ask that music is turned very low after 10pm.
- Recycle – it is VERY important.
- Do NOT let children play in the wash facilities.
- Dogs are NOT permitted in the wash facilities.
- Paddling pools are NOT permitted.
- Please ONLY burn wood you have either brought in yourselves or purchased from reception. Do
NOT burn the stools or wind breaks.
- Only use the ire pits for fires.
- You MUST have a bucket of water at your pitch at all times, and fires MUST be extinguished before going to sleep.
- Please do NOT put large items in the fridge – the fridge is for everyone to have a little space
- Please stick to speed limits on ALL tracks for the safety of everyone.
- Please do NOT let children climb on top of the play house, wood store or tables for their safety.
- Dog owners. Please make sure you clean up ALL dog mess and place in the compostable bin in compostable mess bags.
- Please keep to the paths and do NOT make new paths between pitches (it spoils the privacy and disturbs wildlife).
- Please do not go into the farmyard, this is PRIVATE.
- Please do NOT allow children near any operating machinery in the fields.
- ONLY fly kites in the playing field due to wires near the site.
- Please LEAVE sinks/showers/toilets as you would wish to find them.
- Please take ALL of the equipment that you bring home including any damaged equipment (air beds, gazebo’s, tents, chairs etc).
- EHU campers MUST return fire pits (extinguished) to their lockers emptied in the general waste and locked upon departure.
You can download a copy of our welcome document here